How to Manage Yahoo Mail App Passwords Effortlessly4 min read
Are you looking to manage your Yahoo Mail App Passwords easily? If you are, then you have reached the right post. In this blog, we will provide you with the appropriate steps to manage your Yahoo App password without any issues. Before we move forward, let us get acquainted with the basic understanding of Yahoo App passwords.
What is Yahoo App Password?
Yahoo app passwords are a secure way to log in or access other applications through our Yahoo account. They are a long sequence of letters that are randomly generated by the user by utilizing the third-party application name. However, you should note that it does not change your email account password.
It acts as an additional security measure for your Yahoo email account and protects account privacy. However, you also have an option to delete these passwords if you are not satisfied with its services. Let us start with the steps to guide you to manage your Yahoo Mail App passwords accurately.
Yahoo Mail Generate App Password by Enabling 2 Factor Authentication
You can easily create the App password for any desired application using the steps listed below. Moreover, there are some prerequisite steps (2-step verification) that need to be enabled to be able to create the App password.
Steps to Enable 2-Factor Authentication
- Sign in to your Gmail account using the correct login credentials.
- Go to the Image icon present on the top right side of the screen.
- Now, click on the Account Info option just below the image icon for further process.
- Then, go to the Account Security option displayed on the left side of the screen.
- Scroll the page to see the 2-Step verification option and click on the Turn on 2SV button.
- Enter your mobile number for the text verification code and press the Continue button.
- Type the verification code received on your phone. Now, the 2-Step verification is turned on.
Now, as you have turned on the 2-step verification. You can move ahead to create or manage app passwords yahoo without any issues.
Yahoo Mail Generate App Password
Follow the below-mentioned steps precisely to generate the Yahoo Mail app password.
- Start with navigating to your name icon in the Yahoo Mail search bar.
- Select the Account Info option from the drop-down menu displayed.
- Then, run the Account Security wizard.
- Fill in your account username and password.
- Now, you can opt for one of two methods to open a Yahoo account.
- Choose create an app password and move ahead with the below-mentioned instructions, or
- Turn on Allow apps that utilize the less secure log-in icon and revert to your mail application. Here, you will be redirected to your Yahoo mails.
Note: It is recommended to opt for the first option for secure access.
- Next, click on Create an App password option with the help of the first process.
- After that, select your mail application from the provided list or type the name if not given.
- Copy the password displayed and ensure that you replicate the security key to the clipboard.
- Finally, press the Done icon, and you are ready to utilize the Yahoo Mail app password.
If you are having issues and cannot log in using this app password, you can remove the Yahoo Mail app passwords. Take the help of the below steps for the same.
Reads More: How Much Money Do You Need to Build a Business Website?
Remove Yahoo Mail App Passwords
Follow the below steps if you are sure that your app password is not working properly.
- Start with clicking on Account Info.
- You will be redirected to Account Security.
- Then, pick the Manage app passwords option
- Tap on the Trash icon along the app password to remove it.
If the above steps are not followed properly, and any mishap happens, it could lead to the loss of data. Hence, you are suggested to utilize the Cigati Yahoo Backup Tool to backup your Yahoo Mail data before you perform this process. It is an efficient tool that can save and backup your Yahoo emails and all other items in your system in multiple formats.
Users need to manage Yahoo Mail App Passwords to ensure proper security to their accounts. You can take the help of the steps mentioned in the blog to do the same. However, if you are not satisfied, then remove the app password by the apt steps briefed above. Moreover, backing up Yahoo account data using the Yahoo Backup Tool is a smart move to avoid any data loss.