Add Reviews to Squarespace Website: a Quick Start Guide4 min read
89% of people read and rely on reviews before making a purchase. So, using online reviews (word-of-mouth tactic) is becoming the go-to strategy of marketers. If your customers have also expressed their love with 4-5 star online reviews for your business, you can use them to promote your brand.
Adding the reviews on your Squarespace website will help you gain the trust of your target audience and convert them into customers. If you are adding reviews to your Squarespace website for the first time, you should know the process.
We have curated this short guide for you which will help you collect and add customer reviews to your Squarespace website.
Types of Reviews You Can Add to Your Squarespace Website
You can collect reviews from these four different platforms:
- Google Reviews:
One of the most popular platforms for sharing reviews for businesses is Google. People look up to Google search and see the reviews and ratings before making a purchase decision.
- Facebook Reviews:
Facebook is one of the few social networking sites where reviews are shared. If you have an active social profile, there are higher chances of getting Facebook reviews from your network.
- Yelp Reviews:
Yelp is a great review platform where people share their reviews for local businesses. Collecting reviews on Yelp from your local customers will benefit your business.
- Airbnb Reviews:
Airbnb is used for businesses providing lodging services and rental places for accommodation for travelers. If you provide such services, Airbnb reviews will help you increase your revenue and get more customers.
How to Add Reviews to Your Squarespace Website?
There are two ways to add reviews to Squarespace website, one is through a social media aggregator tool, and the other is to embed manually. We will discuss both of them below.
Method 1 – Adding Reviews on Squarespace Website Through Social Media Aggregator Tool
The easiest way to add reviews to your Squarespace website is by using a widget from a social media aggregator tool. For example, take Taggbox as your tool, then you can easily add reviews from different platforms to your website. Follow the below-given easy steps to add reviews to your website.
- The first step is to select a social media aggregator tool and create your account on it. If you already have an account on any such tool, then log in to your account.
- Create a widget and select the source of content from either of the options- Google, Facebook, Yelp, or Airbnb that you want to choose.
- A box will appear showing the different types of content options, select reviews, and click ‘create feed.’
- The tool will ask you to link your account by signing in once. Enter your details and it will fetch the reviews automatically.
- You can edit and customize the presentation of the reviews feed through the tool’s features.
- Once you are done, click publish. You can also see the preview before that.
- Now the tool will ask you to select your website building platform. Select Squarespace from the given options.
- You can customize the size of the widget as per your requirement. You can use the preview section before getting the code.
- Now click ‘Get Code.’ The tool will create a custom code for your reviews widget.
- Copy the code on the clipboard.
- Open your Squarespace account and website editor.
- Come to the section where you want to add the reviews and click on the ‘+’ sign.
- Select the ‘</>’ option and paste the code you have copied earlier.
- Click ‘Apply,’ and your reviews will appear on your website.
Method 2 – Adding Reviews to Squarespace Manually
Another way to add reviews to your Squarespace website is by doing it manually. In this method, you will have to get the embed code for every review you want to show on your website and paste it on your Squarespace website editor.
Reads More: Get The Best Restaurant Food Packaging Boxes
For example, you are embedding Yelp reviews on your website manually. You will have to follow the below steps for embedding a review.
- Open the 4-5 star Yelp review you want to display on your website.
- Click on the three dots you will see on the right side. Select the ‘Embed Review’ option.
- You will see a dialog box with the embed code. Copy it on the clipboard.
- Now go to your Squarespace website editor, navigate to where you want to add the review. Click the ‘+’ sign and select ‘embed.’
- Copy your embed code and apply. Your review will appear on the website.
- Repeat the above steps for all the reviews you want to add to the website.
The second method is a very extensive and time-consuming process, and we suggest you use a free or paid social media aggregator tool. It also does not offer any customization options to you, and you might have to involve a developer for the customization work.
Now that we have discussed the two methods to add reviews to Squarespace, you can decide which method you would like to use for your business. Select the best social media aggregator tool if you choose the first method. Also, make sure you pick authentic reviews to display on your website.